Your Aureus Care team works directly with you and with your doctor’s office to help you access the medication you need, seek out any required insurance approvals, and then investigate financial assistance programs to bring down out-of-pocket costs.
When you start your therapy, we’ll provide information and training to ensure you understand how and when to take your medication, and anticipate any side effects. Then we’ll follow up to check in and answer questions. We’re also available 24/7 if questions arise.
There are many different types of cancer, which are usually named based on the organ or tissues they originate from (i.e. lung cancer begins in the lungs) or the type of cell involved (i.e., epithelial cell or a squamous cell). Neoplasms (tumor or cancer) may be benign, which are limited to the tissue of origin; or malignant, which are dangerous as they can spread to distant sites through the bloodstream or the lymphatic system (metastasis). Cancer may present with many different signs and symptoms, and it can be difficult to determine which are caused by the cancer.
Signs and Symptoms That May Indicate Cancer
- Breast Changes (i.e., size, shape or texture)
- A Thickening or Lump On or Under The Skin
- Unusual Bleeding or Discharge (i.e., blood in stool or urine)
- Hoarseness or Persistent Cough
- Changes in Bowel Habits
- Weight Gain or Loss With No Known Reason
- Abdominal Pain
- Feeling Weak or Fatigued
- Unexplained Night Sweats
- Difficult or Painful Urination
- Skin Changes (i.e., new mole or a change in an existing mole; a sore that does not heal)
Cancer can occur in men and women of all ages, races, and ethnicities; however, it does not affect all groups equally. Depending on the type of cancer, some populations may be at higher risk than others for a given cancer. Although it may not be possible to know exactly why a person develops cancer, research has shown that certain factors may increase the risk. The cause of cancer may involve a combination of environmental, genetic, and lifestyle factors.
The list below includes the most well-known or suspected risk factors for cancer:
- Sunlight (UV rays)
- Diet (i.e. diets high in fat)
- Chronic Inflammation
- Infectious Agents (i.e. viruses: HIV, Hepatitis B or C, HPV)
- Hormones (i.e. estrogens in breast cancer)
- Cancer-Causing Substances (i.e. paint, pesticides, arsenic)
- Alcohol (heavy use)
A Personalized Approach to the Patient Experience
At Aureus we review all of the medications our patients are taking. Then we dive deep into their medical history to provide complete medication therapy management. This comprehensive standard of care means higher adherence levels and healthier patients.
- Reducing and/or Delaying Disease Progression
- Enhancing Patient’s Quality of Life and Satisfaction
- Keeping Patients in the Workforce and/or School Longer
- Decreasing Healthcare Costs
- Monitor Medication Adherence
- Managing Medication Side Effects
- Recognizing and Responding to Suboptimal Responses to Therapy
The caring Aureus Team understands the unique needs of cancer patients. Please call us at: (844) 428-7387 or email us at email@example.com